Sunday, 15 December 2013

When Do You Stop For Xmas?

Not long until Santa arrives but when should the office shut for the festive holiday?



I'm planning on Friday 20th being the last day of "proper" work but may open up on 23rd Dec to tie up some loose ends, get the paperwork in order and the like. The problem is Mrs E, who is working Xmas Day and Boxing Day (care workers don't necessarily get those days off) and off on 23rd so it would be wise to take that day off.

How much of a holiday will it be?

I've got a few things I want to work on that aren't part of our core business. There's the development of a project with a couple of partners and I plan to start the book I'm intending to write so there'll be lots to do. It's also a great time to catch up on changes in Web technologies and get up to speed with them when there's seldom time in normal working weeks as we're too busy doing stuff for our clients.

When do we open again?

We're not opening between Xmas and New Year but the mobile will be on for anything urgent. So plenty of time to work on the side projects, which I'm looking forward to, and recharge the batteries.

Probably the last 6 days of the year to go then starting now. The Tadvent calendar (http://www.tadvent.co.uk) will be running right through until Xmas Day though.

No comments:

Post a Comment