No, not the last time I'll be writing nonsense on here I'm afraid, but a little story about snail mail (and another reason we are moving).
We're now working with a company called QA International Certification Limited, to create some web-based software that will automate some of their back end systems allowing access for staff when they're mobile, providing limited client access and greatly increasing productivity. We're excited about the project and the potential it has for worldwide sales and a fruitful partnership. I've got to know one of the directors quite well, a really nice and down to earth fella who I have a lot of time for.
Even as a stand alone job, without it's huge potential, it's a good contract for us and like all jobs we insist on an upfront payment, in this case of 50% as we are committing time and resources to the job. Due to holidays of the financial controller the 1st payment was delayed but only a little, this was all amicably agreed and a cheque was promised in the post. I'm happy with all of that.
Our post gets "placed in our locked pigeon hole daily", we pop down and pick it up, simple system. By Friday there was no sign of a cheque nor direct payment into our account, meaning I need to chase this up which can have the potential for looking like a lack of trust. I thought I'd leave it until Monday morning, carefully think how I want to broach the subject diplomatically (really not my strong suit that) and contact the director I know.
Late on Friday expected visitor arrives and I go to Reception to pick him up to be told that there's a load of post been here for days at Reception (including aforementioned cheque and another payment).
This is to add to the new business cards for Michael which were for the Tees Valley Business Summit on Wednesday but we didn't get until Thursday, even though they came on Tuesday but we weren't informed.
Fortunately I waited before contacting clients about overdue payments.
Someone at Redcar Council asked me why we were leaving - there's not enough hours in the day to tell them everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment