Sunday, 13 July 2014

How's the New Routine Going?

A few weeks ago I wrote about my new routine:

"I now have a new regime in place, up at 5am (OK 7am on weekends), classical music on the headphones, bit of reflection, do a journal, focus on the day, bit of reading all before getting to work. Going well so far, much more focused and productive at work, generally more positive and in a much better mood but it has one downside, I'm shattered by 10pm."

I can report that is still accurate though occasionally the tiredness has been worse due to World Cup watching. So all good. Also business is really picking up, is this a coincidence? I believe not as I'm more confident and ready to take opportunities as they pop up no matter how big those opportunities are.

So having read "The Leader Who Had No Title" and made a number of changes as a result I have added the following titles and made further changes as a result:

  • 18 Minutes - Peter Bregman
  • SUMO  - Paul McGee
I'm now reading "The Chimp Paradox" by Prof, Steve Peters and a definite one for me with my "ability" to fly off the handle! Only read section 1 so far but fascinating and useful stuff, at this stage I now understand myself better and therefore how I can live my life to make me happy.

Where do I get all these reading suggestions from? Mr. Russ Sawdon, the Big Cheese (oh OK, Executive Director), BNI Durham & Teesside - many thanks Russ. BNI is not just about finding business but has people, tools and workshops to help make you and your business better but only if YOU want to take those opportunities - it's doing both for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment