Saturday, 24 May 2014

My New Routine

I have recently read a book, don't be shocked, entitled "The Leader Who Had No Title". It's fiction but is simply aimed at getting people to be what the title says. Now I'm not claiming I am some kind of leader but it has a straightforward message and guide to changing the way you view your life and what you do and it simply hit a nerve with me. Essentially it has the following points (though espoused rather more eloquently than me):

  • Stop being a victim
  • Honestly look at the challenges you face
  • Confront them and take the necessary action to overcome them
  • Continually make small improvements to everything you do and it will over time make a fundamental change to your life 
So quantitative change becomes qualitative change for any of you students of Hegelian Dialectics out there (that bit isn't in the book),

I now have a new regime in place, up at 5am (OK 7am on weekends), classical music on the headphones, bit of reflection, do a journal, focus on the day, bit of reading all before getting to work. Going well so far, much more focused and productive at work, generally more positive and in a much better mood but it has one downside, I'm shattered by 10pm.

Luckily on Thursday when I popped over to Saltburn for a comedy gig, Mark Steel was excellent and very funny so I easily got past the 10pm deadline. (And there's a comedian who will understand the Hegelian Dialectic.)

I shall reflect on this new routine in a few weeks and let you know that it's still gong well.

No comments:

Post a Comment