Sunday, 20 October 2013

A Much Better Week

Well I've ended the week with a great little walk on the North Yorks Moors and home in time for Sunday lunch and then work for the rest of the day. It's easy to get bogged down in work sometimes and not take time out for a bit of relaxation so I'm making a real effort to get out walking even for a couple of hours on a weekend. Middlesbrough should be abandoned apparently (The Economist I believe) but I'm a proud Boro lad, despite Mogga's worst efforts, and love the area. After a 15 mins journey today I was out and about walking here in god's country:


So to any London-centric readers - it's a dreadful place to live (keep the myth going, we don't want them up here).

I have to say the folk at Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council seem to have done a great job sorting out our Internet problems and also, fingers crossed, the problems with our windows, but we'll wait until a big storm to confirm that bit. I'm really glad as, although I was very annoyed at the problems we have had for a while, the Palace Hub is a tremendous place and I love my office view, though we do also have a view of the above from almost the same spot hung on our office wall thanks to a great local artist Di Fox.

So how will the week end? Mainly some work we weren't expecting to come in for a white label project which we thought was finished, but it's about keeping the client happy so a busy Sunday afternoon. There's also a quote to write for a project for Saltburn that looks really exciting. I'm really looking forward to working on that as it's an interesting technical project but I'm also an ex-resident of Saltburn and visit it often as it's such a lovely place and it's a great project for the town. Finally today will be the outline of my next Geek Author offering which will be a guide on using web analytics for Serco and their Superfast Broadband roll-out in the South West. As a result I've also got a publisher lined up for when I write my book on t'Internet, yes you heard it here first, which I'll begin over Xmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment