Sunday, 17 February 2013

Moving Forward & Moving to Redcar Seafront

Another quick post this week as I was out gadding about a fair bit last week and we're moving offices this week to The Palace Hub on Redcar Seafront but we still like to maintain our good service for our clients so it's a weekend of working.

In-between the regular work of web design, SEO, graphic design and networking we were at 2 key events this week:

On Thursday I delivered our "Dragon's Den style" pitch to 3 local entrepreneurs and a guy from the Evening Gazette as a short-listed business in the Local Business Accelerators competition. I have to say it was really nerve-shredding but I survived to tell the tale - I did however forget the name of one of our clients and the Manchester building our servers are in under questioning, then remembered them immediately I got outside the building. Funny things nerves.

Unfortunately we didn't win but the whole exercise was very useful. Not only did it make me sit down and review plans, targets and how we will achieve them, I also got some great feedback from the "Dragons" on how we could improve and some of that has already been implemented. I would encourage any young business to enter at the end of this year, we may do so again as if still fit the entry criteria.

Friday saw something of a role reversal where, instead of me pitching to experts, I was on a panel of local creative industries employers helping Redcar & Cleveland College encourage young people to come on web and design courses and get involved in the local creative industries. A really good event I was pleased to support with a number of bright young people in the audience who asked the panel some very good questions.

As someone fiercely proud of being from Teesside I'm always happy to help nurture the next generation of talent who will help the area grow as a key centre for digital and creative industries.

No comments:

Post a Comment